smartie

random thoughts

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Sad excuses

in the words of jacques, "iamashamed"

i confess that i am a sad excuse for a blogger. i'd like to be able to honestly say that i haven't posted in forever b/c i've been so busy at work. this is simply not true.

rather than get all moral and start feeling bad about my horrible work ethic these days, i think i will pass the buck and highlight some other rather poor excuses that come to mind.

1. My dad's latest (see frightening pic below) is a sad excuse for a stepmom. [Of course, we would never even think of her as that. My dad's first wife is my mom, his second wife was my stepmom, and after that, we just went downhill from there.]
2. Boyfriends are a sad excuse for any kind of meaningful relationship.
3. I (apprently, although i am not quite convinced) am a sad excuse for a housesitter. [Supported by the fact that my aunt asked me to look after her evil, hairy, plotting feline for a month, but didn't leave ANY food or money. I kid you not; i almost feel like leaving her some food bank stamps. I mean, seriously, our cupboards weren't even that empty on moving day!]
4. Sylvia (my beautiful ride) is a sad excuse for a sports car. But we love her just the same.
5. Taking me out for coffee or coming over to watch a movie is a sad excuse for a date.

Too be continued... (my intern just got here. i must show her how to excel at this job, so i can work less, bwahaha)

1 Comments:

  • At 6/7/05 1:05 PM, Blogger anika said…

    I certainly hope you're not going to tell Sylvia that she's a poor excuse for a sports car. It would break her 1969 Corolla heart ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home