smartie

random thoughts

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Never Change

It's comforting to know that some things never change.

For example, on my weekend away in Kelowna visiting with my fam, i observed the following:
  • our evil Liberal government still hasn't followed through on their promise (from 10 years ago) to take out the toll on the Coquihalla Highway
  • Merrit is still a hick town the closes at 10pm (And if you try to order food at 9:55, you're SOL)
  • My mom is still extremely chipper, even when her three grouchy girls roll in after 1 am
  • My parents still think going for a drive is a lovely way to spend an afternoon, even though i've gotten car sick since i was 14
  • The door to the brake-check bathroom on the Coq is still broken (I think the creepy truck drivers like it that way)
  • The Merritt Subway still hasn't replaced the lock on the stall door. Perhaps it never had one to begin with
  • My mom still spoils us

And when we got home, the steadyness continued:

  • My dad's latest is still incredibly ugly to me (but there is good in everything, now i don't have to feel guilty for disliking her)
  • My (other, bestest) dad's first wife still can't hold down a job (haha, you totally called that one dad!)
  • JM still bails me out (broken weed eaters, idiot cell phone companies, etc.)
  • Thomas (the bird) still sneaks into our house and poops everywhere
  • There is still an alarmingly huge pile of rubbish on our driveway b/c Karen's bf is doing an extreme yard makeover for us. Yay Donny!
  • I still haven't been to see Kingdom of Heaven... soon though

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home