smartie

random thoughts

Friday, May 13, 2005

Banana Stirfry...

...not as delicious as one might hope.

Well, i had another sketchy adventure for lunch today. I was thinking that i should give up eating altogether, but then i gave my head a shake, and everything fell back into perspective. So, i had leftover stirfry for lunch today.

My lovely soulmate made scrumptious stirfry. But don't tell her i said that, b/c i am still adamant about boycotting the so-disgusting-i'd-rather-eat-the-bile-rising-up-my-throat-than-the-food-they-serve-you-Naam restaurant. (And, yes, the puking is directly caused by the Naam itself). I'm quite certain that the sauce she bought there was an imposter b/c nothing from the Naam could taste that good. I promise. *Ahem* I digress... The one draw back was the fact that Ani made the stirfry on Tuesday, so the peppers were a little, well, limp. And the other cooked veggies weren't particularly happy about sitting in the fridge the last four days either. However, since i just got my visa bill yesterday, there was no possibility of me buying lunch today. So, i went upstairs to put the stirfry in the microwave.

[Enter banana, stage left]

As i was waiting for my lunch to warm up, the lady who works upstairs was just leaving the kitchen and offered me a banana. It was quite spotted, but i was hungry (that ancient microwave has been known to take years to heat something up), and i know i don't eat as much fruit as i should (see visa bill comment above), so i decided not to discriminate and to accept the banana. I immediately regretted my decision as soon as i started peeling it. The peel had literally become one with the banana in several places! (This is particularly appalling to a green banana lover like me). However, i chose to continue since the lady upstairs might be offended if she saw her banana in the garbage, and besides i needed the fruit intake, remember?

I could only choke down about a third of the nappified banana before my throat rebelled and closed up. In a brilliant re-strategization, i took my nuked stirfry and alternated bites: dried out rice-mushy banana-dried out rice-mushy banana. I felt invincible (and slightly ill), like i could be a threat to Fear Factor contestants everywhere. The light at the end of the tunnel was the fact that U2 was waiting to serenade me when i got back to my office! *sigh*

Nobody can ever accuse me of being a picky eater again! I rest my case.


p.s.
Dear Evil Mr. Blogger,
If you ever think of erasing my post again before i've saved it, i will fry your pancreas!!! Beware!
Sincerely,
The Brave Banana Eater

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home