smartie

random thoughts

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Little Birdie

Dear Little Red Birdie,

Thank you for sitting on my deck railing this morning. You came at just the right time. I was contemplating jumping off the deck, but you saved me. You might have been wondering why i was sitting at the table, with the phone to my ear, pulling my hair out. Well, let me tell you: i had a very good reason for it.

It all started with a phone call from an aquaintance, who shall remain nameless (for the purpose of this blog, we shall refer to him/her as "clums"). Now, i suppose if i tried really hard i could imagine why someone might think that i would enjoy hearing a tirade about one's desire-grown-into-obsession to take over the world, and some of the obstacles that could prevent the smooth transition. However, contrary to popular belief, i do have better things to juggle in my small little brain. Including, but not limited to, my own conundrums-- most of which are centred around the appalling opposite sex (we shall leave these dilemas for another post).

So, you can imagine the relief i felt when i noticed you and your cute little mate (who was probably male, and therefore an eejit). You brought happiness and hope (in spite of the irritating chirping) into my dreary existance. Thank you little birdie. You are very beautiful. May you always fly free and high and find lots of worms to eat.

Sincerely,
The girl in the window, trying to knock herself unconscious at the table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home