smartie

random thoughts

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Guten Tag

i survived my first german class last night. nothing too exciting, except for the note i wrote to anika during it. however, i can now say "wie ist ihr name?" and "ich heisze jane." I KNOW! isn't it great?! i could practically move to germany now. except that i wouldn't last very long. everytime someone speaks german, it sounds like they are angry. and i can't handle it when people are ugly. speaking of which...

some bozo told me that it was completely unrealistic for me to think that i could find a husband who wouldn't yell at me. my dad, who is pretty much the most fantastic boy ever, never yells. i mean, of course he gets angry sometimes, but he doesn't raise his voice. i promise you, i have never heard my dad get ticked off and yell at anyone. ever. (and i must confess that i was not always the most delightful child on the block). therefore, it frightens me when people start arguing and yelling at each other. it's so mean. just stop!

3 Comments:

  • At 30/9/05 2:09 PM, Blogger Janie said…

    aw, shucks. thanks! does that mean you are going to come and visit?! :)

     
  • At 30/9/05 3:48 PM, Blogger anika said…

    Yes, come and visit! (as long as your German isn't as hideous as Janie's!!) *cough* just joking.

     
  • At 5/10/05 12:48 PM, Blogger Janie said…

    yes, come, come! we're only a few hours away from seattle.
    seattle is good fun. we only go there once a year usually, unless making trips to the airport or something equally fascinating.

    and, sadly, yes, my german is quite hideous. (although i have yet to hear anyone speak german that sounds lovely). i confess, i do butcher the language. but i'm working on it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home