smartie

random thoughts

Monday, September 26, 2005

autumn-schmotem

i've been going over several of the blogs that i am creepily obsessed with checking (nikol's and kristy's in this particular instance) and there is a definite recurring theme of a great appreciation for fall. i'm not sure how i feel about this.

i mean, of course, there are great things about every season, but in general, fall sucks.

it means no more boating for six months, putting away all my cute summer clothes, having to get up when it's still dark, not being able to play outside at night or go swimming at the lake, having regularly scheduled bad hair days due to the rain, dealing with coldness (i hate being cold!), no more camping adventures and i don't even get to go back to school anymore! *hmph!* so, you can see dear friends, why autumn is so sad.

now, i don't want to be a debbie-downer (sorry to all you happy debs out there), so i will admit that i am frequently in awe of the beauty and splendor of nature at this time of year. in fact, we were at Williams Park yesterday (my favourite park in the whole history of the earth) and it was incredibly stunning.

AND... there is the extremely exciting point that Christmas is on it's way. dklsamjfo;wiaejf lskdf ;laksdfm`lskdf!!!! only 90 sleeps left. *sigh* i guess life has a way of balancing things out pretty good.

4 Comments:

  • At 26/9/05 1:37 PM, Blogger anika said…

    90 sleeps till Christmas?! What are we waiting for! Bring out the decorations! Turn on the Christmas music! Cook water with cinnamon and pine needles (*ahem* ok, so that was only me). But still -- let the preparations begin!
    alksrjkliesytfsytlksuyt;lc uylk!!

     
  • At 26/9/05 7:33 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    OH, I'm so a happy Deb on this one. sorry I have things for all the seasons, but Fall is my fave. Crispy leaves and air. Pumpkin and apple picking. Halloween, my birthday and then the American Thanksgiving, which has always been my favorite because in my house it's like Christmas minus spending the ton of cash and family drama. Can't beat a holiday where the theme is to be happy and eat.

     
  • At 27/9/05 6:34 PM, Blogger Jess said…

    I like the colors but hate the allergies... And ditto Christine on the Thanksgiving thing, except for we "celebrate" Hannukkah and don't get overly gifty in my family. Hence all my friends think I'm a Scrooge when I complain that we are old and someone still always suggests a Polyanna.

     
  • At 28/9/05 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Christmas! Christmas is coming! Lalalala! You just made my day by reminding me of the up and coming Christmas Holiday. Good tidings to you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home