smartie

random thoughts

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Close Call

I'm serious, iif, we came way too close for comfort to the end of soulmatism last night.

It all started with the soulmate in question dressing up like a wolf is sheep's clothing and asking me if i wanted to use this joint stuff on my back. (Now, granted, i had been winching and whining all day about my sore back. The said sore back was due to our vigorous and perilous boating adventures on sunday, coupled with trying to sleep on my 'new' wretched bed. But i digress...) Being the sweet, innocent, and perhaps somewhat naive girl that i am, i believed this alleged bff and put this stuff all over my back.

Shortly after, i was like, "egad! my back is on fire!"

This proclamation was met with an out of control (and self admittedly evil) guffaw from the instigator, who then proceeded to tell me that she had used the same stuff the other night and woke up two or three times during the night because her back was on fire!! Seriously, people, if this isn't grounds for anathema, then the fact that she continued to laugh her head off about it for the next half hour, while i writhed in pain, certainly is!

I'm not sure how i feel about all this.
Andrew, i'm suspicious that you are her supplier.
Anika, you're lucky that your laugh is contagious.

8 Comments:

  • At 26/7/05 2:45 PM, Blogger Janie said…

    hmmm... well, i agree.

    that is, if by "awesome" you mean 'horribly-torturous-and-will-feel-sorry-for-me-for-at-least-the-next-six-months.' and, if by "glad" you mean 'so-wretchedly-heart-broken-that-you-can-barely-breathe.'

    i'm scowling at you, aj.

     
  • At 26/7/05 6:06 PM, Blogger anika said…

    *AHEM!!* In my defense, my laugh is more, um, hearty than evil. Just because I throw back my head when I laugh at you does not imply meanness either.

    And also in my defense, it was one of the funniest things ever in the whole history of the earth.

     
  • At 26/7/05 7:24 PM, Blogger Janie said…

    you are dead to me, sm.

     
  • At 27/7/05 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't break up, you two! I just learned what "sm" meant! =)

     
  • At 27/7/05 9:51 AM, Blogger Janie said…

    lol... okay, nikol. just for you. when we get old (and married) and our husbands go off to play somewhere, you can come and play with us nikol. and we can thank you profusely for preventing the end of soulmatism.

     
  • At 27/7/05 12:18 PM, Blogger anika said…

    Well it is legal in Canada, I think (I'm really not one for current events), but my gate just doesn't swing that way. And neither does Janie's.

     
  • At 27/7/05 1:57 PM, Blogger Janie said…

    yes and amen.

     
  • At 28/7/05 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awesome. I love coming to Canada!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home