smartie

random thoughts

Monday, July 18, 2005

I don't like being 'It'

How many books do you own?
-Hundreds. (sadly, a couple of dozen of them i haven't even read.)

What is the last book you bought?
-Bono in Conversation *sigh* [minus the little French man, it really is the ultimate in reading excitement.]


What’s the one book that you can’t wait to read?
-Searching for God Knows What by Donald Miller. (One of the books that i already own, but haven't read yet.) It's kinda a sequal to Blue Like Jazz, so it has to be great.


What 5 books are most important to you? (In no particular order...)
  1. My Bible. It's cool to look back and see my scribbles about life and God's and stuff, even when i don't feel like reading it.
  2. My 'Memories Journal' from my dad. (Sorry, dad, but thanks). I coerced him into writing out one of those journals that you fill out and give to your kids. It's all about his childhood and mine and his thoughts about me. It's so fantastic and makes me cry every time i read it. I'm a lucky girl.
  3. Love You Forever by Robert Munsch.
  4. The Sacred Romance by John Eldredge and Brent Curtis.
  5. My journal. The safest place to be honest. It often settles the chaotic whirlwind of thoughts that i entertain-- sometimes against my will.
  6. I know i'm only allowed five, but i like to rebel, and i must give an honorable mention to my friend Max who practically reads my mind and then writes books about exactly what i need. If i'm frustrated or upset, he always has the right thing to say to me. Thanks Max.

Well, now that that's done... Oh yes, i'm supposed to "tag" someone. Too bad the only person who reads my blog (anika) is the one who got me. Well, if anybody else reads this (and wants to save my Canadian bacon) please be 'it' ['it' duties include copying and pasting this post to your own blog and filling in the answers. see? simple! do it do it.] and leave a comment with a link to your post. Thank you and good day.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home