smartie

random thoughts

Monday, October 17, 2005

round one goes to anika

anika won.

the canucks game was on pay-per-view last night (YAY! we won!!), so i invited my posse over to my dad's house to watch the game. (he has satellite and a WAY bigger tv than us). as some of you may know, my dad's latest (herein referred to as 'sub3') is not my favourite homewrecker ever. so, anika and i devised a little game: JIF (not the peanut butter, nikol, don't worry).

anyways, phase one of the game was a race to see who could say the words "you, are, so, ugly" to sub3. i told anika that i would totally win b/c i was going to walk in and say "you are so nice to have us over. it sure is ugly outside." or something equally eloquent and brilliant. however, my plan was completely usurped when i walked in the door and anika practically plowed me down to hurry inside and blurted out, "you are so nice to have us over!!" before anyone even had a chance to say hello.

of course, i was trying to not die laughing right in the entry way. i tried to think of a clever way to catch up while carrying the big bag of chocolate we had brought over to the table. once again, i was shut down when sub3 commented on my rather cumbersome package of chocolate candies and anika quickly replied, "ya, we brought our own supply b/c we get ugly if we don't have enough chocolate."

i'll get you next time, gadget!!

7 Comments:

  • At 17/10/05 1:07 PM, Blogger anika said…

    Muaha muahaha muahahaha
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA



    AHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

     
  • At 17/10/05 3:43 PM, Blogger Jess said…

    That game sounds like so much fun!! I am going to devise an equally exciting game next time I have to hang out with people I don't like. My cousin's wedding is this weekend, and we do have this creepy great uncle with dandruff who is always everywhere...

     
  • At 17/10/05 3:44 PM, Blogger Jess said…

    By the way, Christine does the best Dr. Claw imitation ever.

     
  • At 17/10/05 3:50 PM, Blogger anika said…

    Another great trick I used once is this: when you shake the hand of the 'victim/enemy,' make your hand really limp like a dead fish. It is so funny!
    And that's why I still can't stop laughing!

    MuahahahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    AHAHAHAHAH
    AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

     
  • At 18/10/05 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe I missed something...why is it called JIF? LOVE the name, by the way...;)

    AND...FUN GAME!! I'm going to steal it and play it here!

     
  • At 18/10/05 9:47 AM, Blogger anika said…

    It's for 'Joan Is Fugly.' Joan is the name of Janie's dad's wife.

    In high school a friend and I made up the game CIR (Cheryl Is Retarded), which consisted of just making fun of Cheryl (it was her brother's girlfriend -- so it was warranted). It's kind of the evolution of mean games =)

     
  • At 18/10/05 1:00 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    haha, that is excellent!

    And I do happen to do the best Dr. Claw voice. I just need a couple of beers first these days.

    So you know, if you ever start getting prank calls from the states that sound freakishly like Dr. Claw. -- yours truly

     

Post a Comment

<< Home